Friday 4 April 2014

My Top 10 Makeup Brushes


Listed below in no particular order are my Top 10 makeup brushes, of all my brushes these are my favourite and most used! 




Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - This is the brush I use to apply my liquid foundation. The brush is really firm and broad making application easy and I can use the brush to really buff the product in to my skin so that my foundation feels really light weight and it doesn't feel as if it is laying on top of my skin. This brush makes blending in foundation easy and I'm not left with any harsh lines or brush marks. After using this brush my skin looks and feels flawless. 





Real Techniques Stippling Brush - I use this brush to apply my setting powder.  This brush picks up just the right amount of product, I use the brush to dust and buff the product lightly over my foundation, concentrating on the T zone area and under my eyes to set my concealer. This brush could also be used to apply foundation or other powders.



Real Techniques Contour Brush - This brush comes in the 'Core Collection'. As you can imagine I use this brush to contour, I use bronzer or a dark coloured concealer and apply around my cheek bones, temples, jaw line and down the sides of my nose. This brush is the perfect size for contouring. 


Real Techniques Detailer Brush - This brush is also part of the 'Core Collection'. The detailer brush has many uses it can be used to conceal problem areas, to apply lipstick for long lasting shape and definition or for eyeshadow application. I apply my brow bone and inner corner highlight with this brush, its the perfect size for fitting in those small areas. 




Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - This brush comes from the 'Starter Set' which consists of 5 eye brushes. I have 2 of the starter sets so I use my 2 deluxe crease brushes for different purposes. My favourite way to use this brush is for concealer, I use it to really buff the concealer in to my skin instead of having it lay on top of my foundation. I use my other brush in my crease which is the main purpose of this brush. 



Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Eye Brush - This brush is part of the 'Duo-Fiber Collection'. I have a selection of brushes which I use in the crease and to blend eyeshadow. I like to use this brush for a light flush of colour in my crease when I am going for really soft smokey eyes or a day time look. 




Real Techniques Shading Brush - This is my favourite brush to use in the crease when I am going for a more defined look. With this brush I can get right in the socket to create definition which is great when I am creating a 'cut crease'. I will then blend out the colour with a blending or shading brush. 




MAC 217 - This is the ultimate blending and shading brush, a makeup artist must have! This fluffy brush blends eyeshadows together flawlessly allowing the colours to transition smoothly. This brush, along with other MAC brushes are on a bit on the pricey but a pleasure to work with! 




MAC 275 - I use this brush to apply my base eyeshadow, this brush really packs on the product giving me a beautiful and even base colour to work with. This brush can also be used for shading and blending.



MAC 212 - This is a flat liner brush, it can be used with powder, liquid or cream products. I like to this brush to apply liquid liner on clients but for myself I use this to apply colour under my lower lash line, usually with eyeshadow. This brush provides colour in one stroke and gives instant definition. 




I cannot recommend Real Techniques enough, I have recommended these brushes to so many people. They are by far my favourite brand of brushes. Real Techniques have a huge selection of brushes which is always expanding. The brushes are fantastic quality, they are so soft and feel gorgeous on my skin and I have never found the brushes shedding, even after washing the brushes several times. I would say these brushes are a very reasonable price and great value for money. The brushes are created by makeup artist and one half of YouTubes 'Pixiwoo' Samantha Chapman. I am subscribed to Pixiwoo on YoutTube, I love to watch Sam and her sister Nic who is also a makeup artist. They do gorgeous makeup tutorials and are 2 of my favourite youtubers. Its good to know whose behind the products I am using! Find all these brushes at www.realtechniques.com and check out Sam and Nics tutorials at www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo

I am not a fan of MAC face brushes as I find the hairs shed and after I have used these brushes I find my self picking the hairs from my face. However I can't say the same about the eye brushes. These brushes are more on the pricey side and I'm sure I could find of dupe for these brushes which are a lot cheaper, but I have had some of my mac eye brushes for a long time and they are still in great condition after being washed and obviously the products are made from high quality materials. Overall the brushes do the job they're suppose to do and they do it well. Find these MAC brushes at www.maccosmetics.co.uk


Don't forget to clean your brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment