Friday 9 January 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Haul & Review

 

Since falling in love with the Charlotte Tilbury 'Wonder Glow' foundation,  I have been dying to try out more products from her collection. I usually order my foundation from her website but on a shopping trip to Leeds in November I came across a Charlotte Tilbury counter for the first time in Harvey Nichols. I was so excited to finally be able to see all of the stunning makeup collection in front of me and I couldn't walk away empty handed. The Charlotte Tilbury brand is rather pricey so I have been optimistic about ordering any unfamiliar products online with out test driving them first. When I got to the counter I was greeted by a very friendly beauty consultant who helped me to find the right products for me. I finally received the makeup as a Christmas present and since then I have been trying them out, here are my thoughts...

 Christmas day 
(first time using products) 

 'FILMSTAR BRONZE & GLOW' (Face Sculpt & Highlight)
FILMSTAR BRONZE & GLOW
This product immediately caught my eye both online and at the counter. For me, this is a stand out and notorious product from the collection. One of the many things I love about this brand is the way Charlotte describes and tells a story about every individual product. Charlotte says 'This is a secret that silver screen sirens have kept to themselves for years - and once I share it with you - so will you!' and claims that this contouring kit will 'slim, sculpt, shorten, trim and highlight your features.'  She certainly knows how to sell a product! 
At the counter, the beauty consultant showed me how to use the product correctly; she applied the bronzer at the hollows of my cheekbones, my jaw line and temples. She then brushed the highlighter over my cheekbones and brow bones and lightly over the high points of my face. She applied both powders with the Charlotte Tilbury 'Powder & Sculpt' brush - which is now on my wish list. I was very impressed with the finished look and after trying many times to create a contoured look and carved cheek bones with other bronzers I never had results like this - I was sold. As for the highlighter, I have never been crazy about highlighting sometimes I think it can look very un natural and over the top, but the highlighter in this kit is stunning, it gives me a healthy glow and it blends beautifully with the bronzer and the blusher I use.
The bronzer is a universal shade, its matte with a very slight pearl shimmer, this blend is perfect for contouring and creating the perfect sun kissed complexion. The illuminating highlighter is gold based which Charlotte has created to flatter any skin tone. 
The two powders are encased in a glamorous Rose Gold palette, which looks beautiful on my dressing tables it looks to nice to be hidden in my make up storage. I can now say that I am in love with this product after using it a number of times, however I don't want to be running low anytime soon so I may stick to using it only on special occasions and nights out as it is on the pricey side at £49.00. The question is, is it worth the price tag? I would say yes! This truly is a fantastic product and if you are a makeup lover like myself you will appreciate its greatness.

'CHEEK TO CHIC' Swish & Pop Blusher in 'Ecstasy'


I have used MAC blushers for as long as I can remember and because they last so long and I tend to stick to the same shades I rarely buy a new one. However when I came across Charlotte Tilburys selection of blushers I thought I would treat myself and try something new. There is a small selection of powder blushers in the collection but there is something for everyone. 
Charlotte says 'When it comes to blusher, I'm always seeking to re-create that shimmering, youthful flush of excitement you get when you're in love - my clients and I call it the "love glow". I've spent many years perfecting this ultra-flattering look and now I've made it easy for anyone to achieve with CHEEK TO CHIC Swish & Pop Blusher.'
I usually go for a pink blusher, but this time I wanted to try something a little different and the great thing about this blusher is that you get 2 colours in 1! 'Ecstasy' consists of an exterior shade which is a warm coral/orange colour with a frost-like finish and an interior shade which is a pink/coral shade with a gold shimmer. The idea of this blusher is to combine the colours in a 2 step application; concentrating the exterior colour on the cheekbones and the interior colour on the apple of the cheeks. 
These blushers are so finely milled which makes for a silky and smooth application which blends beautifully on my skin alongside other products. The colour pay off is excellent, it gives me a natural and healthy flush of colour and and the shimmer in the product gives my cheeks an illuminating glow, I love the finish. I am happy with the wear time on this product, it seems to last for the time I wear makeup on a regular daily basis, however I do like to top up if I think necessary. 
The powder comes in sleek and practical mahogany packaging with rose gold detail and a handy mirror. 
This product sells for £30.00 and again I would say that it is worth the price because of its fantastic quality and I'm sure it will last me a long time as little product is needed to achieve sublime results! 


Thank you for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment