Monday 19 January 2015

Update: My Everyday Makeup Routine


I have decided to write an update on my step by step makeup routine based upon the products I use on a day to day basis. I wrote a post on this almost a year ago however I have since changed the products and techniques I use. I often get asked what I am using so here is a detailed description of what is currently in my makeup bag.

In this picture I am wearing all products listed below with my favourite easy go-to eye look; MAC 'Mulch' eyeshadow blended all over the lid, crease and lower lash line and my statement feline flick. 

Before applying any makeup I apply a moisturiser, I am currently using Nivea 'Light Moisturising Day Cream'. I always prefer my makeup when my face is tanned, I have a spray tan once a week but it fades on my face quicker than any other areas, so I will reapply the tan to my face half way through the week. 

Charlotte Tilbury 'Light Wonder' (Shade 8) - This is still my favourite foundation to date, if you have read my previous posts you will already know I love this product. Read my full review on this foundation here.

Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush' - I use this brush to apply my foundation, I find that it blends foundation flawlessly leaving no brush marks or harsh lines. It is a fantastic brush to work with and my favourite from the Real Techniques collection, I always recommend their brushes because they are superb quality at very reasonable price. Read 'My Top 10 Makeup Brushes' post here.

BH Cosmetics 10 Colour Camouflage and Concealer Palette - This is a new addition to my makeup kit. I started using this a week ago and I love it. I am running low on my foundation so I have been using this as an alternative. On my first use, I applied the concealers over my foundation but I realised it is unnecessary to use any foundation if you want to create the contoured and highlighted look and this is the perfect palette to do so. The concealers are very smooth and creamy when they are warmed up on the skin, they blend beautifully and the range of colours is brilliant, the lightest shades have helped to cover the dark circles under my eyes and brighten the area and the darkest shades warm up my skin and give my face more structure and definition. I was worried the concealers would be too thick and look heavy on my skin as if I was wearing a mask of makeup but I have been so impressed with the results.  I would definitely recommend this palette because it is great value for money and so much cheaper and better than my small MAC concealer palette. Look out for an in depth post on how I contour and highlight with this palette. 

Real Techniques Core Collection 'Contour Brush' - I find that Real Technique brushes are multi purpose and I often find my self using them in different ways to what they are labeled. When using this brush I firstly apply a light concealer under my eyes with my finger to warm the product up making it applies smoothly, I then use this brush to flawlessly buff the concealer so that it blends in with my foundation or the darker concealer I use to contour. 

Real Techniques Core Collection 'Pointed Foundation Brush' - Up till recently I had never found a purpose for this brush but I now use it to apply the dark concealer in the areas I want to contour; my cheek bones, jaw line, temples etc. The pointed brush is great for marking precisely where I want to contour and create a shadow effect. I then buff in the product with the 'Contour Brush' and 'Expert Face Brush'. 

MAC Pro Concealer Palette (Medium) - I have been using this palette for over a year and it is something I have repurchased. I think this palette is great value for money because you are getting 6 quality MAC concealers for only £35.00 and I am a big fan of their concealers, they give good coverage and they are easy to work with but surprisingly I find that the BH Cosmetics concealers are an all round better product and much cheaper. I'm still using this palette but I don't think I will be repurchasing it for a third time. 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Medium Plus - When I have applied all liquid and cream products to my face I use this powder to set them in place and take away any unwanted shine. If necessary I will reapply through out the day in the areas where my skin produces the most oil in particular the T zone. This is a good product, it is long wearing and the colour matches my foundation and concealers. 

Real Techniques 'Powder Brush' - I use this brush to apply setting powder. This brush is also good for applying bronzer in larger areas such as my neck and chest. 

Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Sculpt' Face Sculpt and Highlight - This is a new favourite of mine! This products works as beautifully as it looks. The bronzer blends effortlessly with my foundation, it really warms up my skin and creates natural shadows, giving my face more dimension creating those sculpted cheek bones we all lust after. I particularly love the highlighter it gives me a stunning golden glow. Read my full review on this product here. 

Real Techniques Core Collection 'Buffing Brush' - This brush can be used for different purposes but I use it to apply bronzer and to contour. 

Charlotte Tilbury Cheek & Chic 'Swish & Pop' Blusher in 'Ecstasy' - Since I started using this dreamy product I have put my MAC blushers to the side. Charlotte Tilbury has hit the jack pot again with this blusher and you can find out why in my full review here

Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection 'Face Brush' - This brush was created for lightweight application which makes it perfect for dusting a little blusher on my cheeks and giving me a healthy pop of colour. 

HD Brows Pro Eye and Brow Palette - This palette includes 6 colours, there's a brow shade for everyone and the other powders can be used for eyeshadow. This was a great purchase I have been using it for a year now and I still have plenty of product left. This powder formula gives me high definition brows all day long. 

Real Techniques Started Set 'Brow Brush' - This is the perfect brow brush  its distinctive shape easily defines my eyebrows.

MAC Liquid Eyeliner - For me winged eyeliner is a must, it opens and brightens up my eyes and I feel bare with out it. I have almost ran out of this eyeliner and when I do I will be going back to MAC Liquidlast eyeliner because it is longer lasting and smudge proof. 

MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot - I don't alway use this but it is a must before applying any shadow to ensure it lasts through out the day and I wouldn't consider using any other eye primer. 

Barry M 'Lash Vegas' Waterproof Mascara - Barry M must have changed the formula of their waterproof mascara and its just not what it us to be. All though this is the only waterproof mascara I have tried that I would actually consider waterproof because it doesn't smudge and leave black rims under my eyes, unfortunately I find it doesn't give me the length and volume it use to. I also dislike the packaging of this product I think it looks really tacky. Someone help me find the perfect waterproof mascara?

MAC 'Pink Treat' Cremestick Liner - This long wearing lip liner is the perfect match for my favourite lipstick and it works a treat with nude and neutral colours. The creamy formula glides on making application smooth and easy. 

MAC 'Merh' Lipstick - This is my absolute favourite lipstick it is the perfect matte nude/neutral colour for every day use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment